Dark Cherry Veneer 0.6" Go Board w/ Single Convex Yunzi Stones and Bowls Set
Brand: Yellow Mountain Imports
Looking for a great club board or intro set? With crisp gold lines on a dark stained rosewood veneer surface, this board is durable, inexpensive, and versatile, making it perfect for a go club, coffee house, or as a gift to someone you want to introduce Go to. On one side is a full sized 19 x 19 Go board, and on the other a 13x13 quick game board.
This board is paired with a set of Yunzi professional Go stones, China's finest. If you haven't played with these stones before you'll find it to be a completely different experience than playing with glass or plastic stones. Yunzi stones are beautiful to look at, carry a nice heavy feel, and possess excellent 'snap' qualities. The stones will actually look nicer over time as they absorb moisture and natural oils from your fingertips. The Yunzi stones are matched with a pair of jujube date wood bowls and a vinyl carrying case.
Each bowl is hollowed out from a single piece of wood. In addition to their natural beauty, they are highly durable, keep their shape over time and are unaffected by moisture, making jujube one of the best woods for go bowls. The handy carrying case will keep your bowls scratch free and prevent those stones from falling out when moving about.
- One 0.59" (15mm) thick dark cherry veneer table board.
- Board is Japanese standard size (21.5mm x 23mm grids) and measures 18.9" x 17.7" x 0.6" (480mm x 450mm x 15mm). Playing field is reversible 19x19 and 13x13.
- 181 black and 180 white genuine Yunzi stones. 21.5-22mm (Size 3) single convex stones measure 5.6mm tall and 22mm wide (approximately 0.22" x 0.87").
- Two jujube bowls (gosu) that measure 5.91" x 3.94" (150mm x 100mm). Bowls fit stones up to 9.2mm (size 33). Includes vinyl stones and bowls carrier and securing bowl straps.
- Booklet on how to play go, "The Way to Go", by Karl Baker.