Yunzi Single Convex Stones and Mahogany Kitani Bowls - 5.7mm (Size 3)
Brand: Yellow Mountain Imports
This is a set of Yunzi professional Go stones, China's finest. If you haven't played with these stones before you'll find it to be a completely different experience than playing with glass or plastic stones. The stones have a balance and deep coloring that is instantly noticeable, and leave an audible ''snap'' as you place them on the board. The texture, symmetry, and precision of these Go sets is captivating and sublimely captures the essence of the game.
These stones are "single convex." One side is flat with a slight rounding on the edge, the other is fully rounded. Whether to play with single convex or double convex is a matter of personal taste. In general, Chinese Go players prefer these single convex stones for their feel and much louder snapping sound when played.
The Yunzi stones are matched with a pair of Chinese mahogany wood bowls, golden silk lid liners and a vinyl carrying case. Each bowl is hollowed out from a single piece of wood. In addition to their natural beauty, they are highly durable, keep their shape over time and are unaffected by moisture. The handy carrying case will keep your bowls scratch free and prevent those stones from falling out when moving about.
- 180 white and 181 black Yunzi Go stones
- These stones are size 3 medium single convex: 5.7mm tall and 22mm wide (about 1/4'' x 7/8'').
- Two Kitani style mahogany wood Yunzi stone holders that measure 6'' W x 4-1/3''H (15cm x 11cm)
- Vinyl travel carrying case and silk lid liners.
- These stones will fit on Japanese, Chinese and Korean Standard Size Boards