Shin Kaya 1.2" Reversible Go Board w/ Single Convex Yunzi Stones and Bowls Set
Brand: Yellow Mountain Imports
This is a Japanese standard size Shin-Kaya Goban set. It looks like kaya, feels like kaya, but doesn't cost like kaya. Set includes 5.7mm single convex Yunzi stones and jujube wood bowls with carrying bag. The board is reversible with 19x19 on one side and 13x13 on the other. This board is made of 2-4 solid pieces of wood joined together to prevent warping over time. Pieces are expertly selected and joined together to appear almost seamless.
Most shin-kaya (Japanese for ''alternative kaya'') boards from Japan or Korea are made of spruce wood from Alaska or Siberia. Our shin-kaya Go boards are made of Tibet spruce wood from Yunnan Province in southern China. This type of wood is called picea asperata in Latin and is sometimes called ''dragon spruce'' or ''Tibet Spruce''.
This board is paired with a set of Yunzi professional Go stones, China's finest. If you haven't played with these stones before you'll find it to be a completely different experience than playing with glass or plastic stones. Yunzi stones are beautiful to look at, carry a nice heavy feel, and possess excellent 'snap' qualities. The stones will actually look nicer over time as they absorb moisture and natural oils from your fingertips. The Yunzi stones are matched with a pair of jujube wood bowls and a vinyl carrying case. Each bowl is hollowed out from a single piece of wood. In addition to their natural beauty, they are highly durable, keep their shape over time and are unaffected by moisture. The handy carrying case will keep your bowls scratch free and prevent those stones from falling out when moving about. Included is a booklet on how to play go, "The Way to Go", by Karl Baker.
- One 1-1/8'' thick Tibet Spruce (Shin-Kaya) wood board. The lines are individually hand drawn. 19x19 on one side and 13x13 on the other.
- This board is made of 2-4 solid pieces of wood joined together to prevent warping over time. Please note, because of the nature of wood, the grain will be similar but not identical to the pictures.
- Board is Japanese standard size and measures 18-1/8''L x 16-15/16''W x 1-3/16''H (460mm x 430mm x 30mm).
- 180 white and 181 black genuine Yunzi Go stones. The stones included with this set are size 3 medium single convex: 5.7mm tall and 22mm wide (about 1/4'' x 7/8'')
- Pair of jujube wood Go bowls. Vinyl travel carrying case and securing straps for bowls and stones. Booklet on how to play go, "The Way to Go", by Karl Baker