Shin Kaya Veneer 0.8-Inch Beginner's Reversible 13x13 / 9x9 Go Game Set Board with Single Convex Melamine Stones
Play, teach, or practice Go on a traditional Shin Kaya veneer Go set. Full-sized single convex stones with reversible 13x13 and 9x9 grids.
- Reversible Go Board (Goban): The 9x9 playing field is great for learning rules and fundamentals, while the 13x13 side helps expand a player into joseki and whole board concepts
- Japanese Standard Size: The board measures 13.8 x 13 x 0.8 inch (35 x 33 x 2 centimeters) and is made from Shin Kaya veneer with Japanese standard size grids of 22 x 23.5 millimeters
- Single Convex Stones: 5.7 x 22mm (about 0.22 x 0.86 inch) size 3 stones made from scratch-resistant and durable melamine paired with 2 plastic bowls (gosu)
- Portable Set: At 2.4kg (5.3lbs), this handy set can be played and enjoyed at home, school, work, or outdoors by kids and adults alike
- The Way to Go: Included is Karl Baker's beginner classic booklet explaining the essential rules and strategies of Go
Getting my boyfriend to play on a standard board is always too daunting, but he's happy to play on the 9x9 board. The board itself is beautiful with a lovely rich color.