Commented Games by Lee Sedol Vol. 3: A New Beginning in Mind (10kyu-6Dan)
My ultimate goal is to be the best player in the world. Winning my first international title was a big step toward reaching this objective. I remember how fervently my father had taught me, and how he dreamed of watching me grow to be the world's best. I feel great happiness and pride to have achieved so much, moving ever closer to fulfilling his dream.
"This book is really interesting to read because it is written in such detail; you can really share the thoughts and experiences of one of the world's strongest players. For me it is very exciting to read the elaborate commentaries given by Lee Sedol himself."
- Yoon Young Sun 8P of the Korean edition
(German Go Magazine 2011, Edition 5)
- This book is a commentary of 3 significant games played by Lee Sedol 9p; he is a highly revered go player and is considered by many in the go community to be the top player in the world
- "Commented Games" is a series of 3 books, each of which has 3 games; Lee Sedol chose these games from among the ones he played over the course of his career (since the year 2000) in terms of the importance of the tournament, meaningfulness to his career, and personal significance; this is "Volume 3" of the 3 book series; please note, the other 2 volumes are not included
- Written for a broad range of players; unlike many other game commentary books that present a dozen games with short explanations, this book provides more detailed explanations, as well as comments on Lee Sedol's feelings and emotions during the actual game
- This book is designed to be accessible to a broad range of players, from beginner intermediate to advanced; 10 kyu to 6 dan
- Authors are Lee Sedol 9p and Lee Sena; 322 pages; large print; translated by Daniela Trinks; published by Baduktopia