Shin Kaya 2.4" Go Board w/ Double Convex Yunzi Stones and Bowls Set
Brand: Yellow Mountain Imports
Playing Go on a quality wood floor board bring connects one with the hundreds of generations of Go players who have played this way since ancient times. This shin-kaya goban is 4.7" high, making it convenient for floor or table play. Either way you?Â¯ll enjoy it?Â¯s natural beauty and traditional elegance. The board is made from one solid piece of shin-kaya wood.
Playing Go on a quality wood floor board bring connects one with the hundreds of generations of Go players who have played this way since ancient times. This board is made of quality Shin Kaya wood. Most shin-kaya (Japanese for "alternative kaya") boards from Japan or Korea are made of spruce wood from Alaska or Siberia. Our shin-kaya Go boards are made of Tibet spruce wood from Yunnan Province in southern China. This type of wood is called "picea asperata" in Latin and is sometimes called "dragon spruce" or "Tibet Spruce".
This board is paired with a set of Yunzi professional Go stones, China's finest. If you haven't played with these stones before you'll find it to be a completely different experience than playing with glass or plastic stones. Yunzi stones are beautiful t
- One 2.4" (60mm) thick shin kaya solid wood floor board (goban). 5" (125mm) thick with legs included. Please note, because of the nature of wood, the grain will be similar but not identical to the pictures.
- Board is Japanese standard size (21.5mm x 23mm grids) and measures 18.1" x 16.9" x 2.4" (460mm x 430mm x 60mm). Playing field is 19x19.
- 181 black and 180 white genuine Yunzi stones. 9.2mm (Size 33) double convex stones measure 9.2mm tall and 21.5mm wide (approximately 0.36" x 0.85").
- Two jujube bowls (gosu) that measure 5.9" x 3.9" (150mm x 100mm). Bowls fit stones up to 9.2mm (Size 33). Includes vinyl stones and bowls carrier and securing bowl straps.
- Booklet on how to play go, "The Way to Go", by Karl Baker.