Husaria Staunton Tournament No. 4 Chessmen with 2 Extra Queens and Wooden Box, 3" Kings
Staunton chess pieces have been the standard for tournament chess since 1849. These classic wooden, weighted chessmen are accompanied with an elegant wooden box.
- Individually Handcrafted: Made from durable larch wood, each chessman is weighted and beautifully crafted according to Staunton standards; Includes two extra queens for use as promoted pawns
- Fide Approved: The chessmen of choice, Staunton sets are recommended by International Chess Federation (FIDE) for use in all international tournaments
- Standard Staunton No. 4: King: 3"(76mm); Queen: 2.7" (69mm); Pawn: 1.4" (36 mm); Base diameter: King: 1.2" (30mm); Pawn: 0.8" (21mm)
- Classic Storage: Stained and finished beechwood box with decorative metal clasp hardware finishings and lined with black felt to protect your pieces; Case measures 6.9 x 5.3 x 3.4" (17.6 x 13.6 x 8.5cm)
- For Upgrade Or Replacement: Use or gift this set to level up chess pieces or replace missing ones; Entire set weighs 1.9 lbs (0.9kg)
It's beautiful and I can't wait until my husband opens it for his birthday. The delivery was so quick! Thank you
The quality of this product is hands down the highest I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing, albeit being a moderate chess enthusiast myself.
The pieces are beautifully made with slight differences, most noticeable in the nostrils of the Knights, highlighting their hand-crafting. Each piece is weighted, adding to the visceral feel of quality. The opening for this weight is somewhat obvious when running your fingers over the felt bottoms but honestly, who's going to mind that much?
The pieces were such a hit as a gift my roommate purchased the matching board shortly after. A top notch product!