Beechwood Veneer 0.4-Inch Etched Beginner's 9x9 Go Game Set Board with Single Convex Melamine Stones
This set's 9x9 grid is ideal for fast and instructive games making this a perfect choice to learn or teach go.
- 9x9 Playing Field: This board comes with 9x9 grid etched into the wood; Ideal for beginners and for those who would like to enjoy some practice games
- Beechwood Veneer Board: The board measures 9.84 x 9.25 x 0.39 inch (25 x 23.5 x 1 centimeter) and is made from beechwood veneer; Grid size: 24 x 25mm
- Felt Bottom Surface: The bottom is covered in felt giving it the needed grip while retaining a traditional feel
- Single Convex Stones: Includes 181 black and 180 white size 3 melamine stones each measuring 5.7 x 22 millimeter (about 0.22 x 0.86 inch); These single-convex stones produce a louder 'snap' from the flat side when played on the board and can be flipped over for playing out variations when reviewing a game; Includes two plastic bowls for storage
- The Way To Go: Included is Karl Baker's beginner classic booklet explaining the essential rules and strategies of Go
Very well made high quality products for the serious game player and the casual player.
This is a solid high quality and beautiful 9x9 go board. I especially like the single convex stones that come with it and the bowls are a nice touch. This is the perfect set for an informal quick game or to learn.
I am very happy with this purchase.
The board is surprisingly good quality. The price made me think that it might be fairly cheaply made. But it's pretty high quality. And the rule book they include gives a good overview of how to get started for beginners.
Perfect for quick games - I travel to friend's houses with this set as it's durable but feels nicer than a plastic and metal magnetic set. Since there stones are a full set, I pack one bowl with less than half of each with a divider in between which makes it even easier to travel with
The board and stones look and feel great, wonderful starter board