Beechwood Veneer 0.4-Inch Etched Beginner's 9x9 Go Game Set Board with Single Convex Melamine Stones
This set's 9x9 grid is ideal for fast and instructive games making this a perfect choice to learn or teach go.
- 9x9 Playing Field: This board comes with 9x9 grid etched into the wood; Ideal for beginners and for those who would like to enjoy some practice games
- Beechwood Veneer Board: The board measures 9.84 x 9.25 x 0.39 inch (25 x 23.5 x 1 centimeter) and is made from beechwood veneer; Grid size: 24 x 25mm
- Felt Bottom Surface: The bottom is covered in felt giving it the needed grip while retaining a traditional feel
- Single Convex Stones: Includes 181 black and 180 white size 3 melamine stones each measuring 5.7 x 22 millimeter (about 0.22 x 0.86 inch); These single-convex stones produce a louder 'snap' from the flat side when played on the board and can be flipped over for playing out variations when reviewing a game; Includes two plastic bowls for storage
- The Way to Go: Included is Karl Baker's beginner classic booklet explaining the essential rules and strategies of Go
Delivery was expedient and the product exceeds expectations. Thank you.
I got these Go sets as Christmas gifts. They will be opened by the gift recipients. What I mean is that I haven't even looked at the sets so my review is only of the shipping department. The shipping was fast and packing was satisfactory. Communication, mostly system-generated emails, was good. Thanks!
Nice and quick. Product is as advertised
The board is superb. The lines are cut in to the board and the quality is excellent. It's a thin board as far as go is concerned.. but its portable, and sturdy. Stones are nice, if in need of a little cleaning at first. I immediately replaced the scratchy-rimmed and flimsy bowls with two Dentyne gum 60-pack tubs (labels and stickers removed). This provided a much more elegant and convenient solution for carrying the 41 black and 40 white stones needed for the 9x9 set. (Don't need a bowl for 181 black stones for a game board meant for 41 black stones). Overall-- great set. It's the little details on the bowls that just irritated me.. would have paid a bit more for half-decent bowls meant for 9x9 play and transport.
Ordered several sets for the local jr-high go club. They loved them! Very easy to use and handle. Big pieces for easy reading of the board. The boards are flocked on the bottom making them quiet and they sit perfectly flat. The one sided-yunzi stone (although not my first choice) work perfectly in an amateur go club setting as they do not shift or 'flutter' when bumped. Making the games slightly more permanent. Will definitely get more as the club expands.