Professional Chinese Mahjong Game Set, "Double Happiness" (Yellow) - 146 Medium Size Tiles
Take your gaming experience to the next level with this traditional Chinese mahjong set, and experience the timeless allure and charm of one of the world's most beloved games.
- Chinese Mahjong Set, "Double Happiness": This standard size Chinese mahjong set plays by Chinese gameplay only, not American/Western or Japanese/Riichi rules; No Joker tiles are included or Arabic numerals markings (except on Flower Tiles), just the pure and original characters and iconography used in traditional Chinese mahjong tile art
- 146 Scratch-Resistant Yellow Tiles: The back of each melamine tile depicts a yellow bamboo grain stripe and beautifully engraved with Chinese characters only; The set includes 36 circles, 36 bamboos, 36 characters, 12 dragons, 16 winds, 8 flowers and seasons, 2 blank spares; Tiles measure 1.3 x 1 x 0.8 inch (34 x 26 x 20 milliimeters)
- Chinese Mahjong Accessories: A quality professional set with 3 dice and a wind indicator, this set is easy to carry at 9.4 pounds (4.3 kilograms); Racks and pushers are not included
- Take your Game Anywhere: With a compact, red vinyl case that fits the entire set, you can take your mahjong set with you; The case measures 12.6 x 10 x 2.1 inches (32.1 x 25.7 x 5.3 centimeters)
- ‰∏≠ÂºèÈ∫ªÂ∞áÂ•óÁµÑ,‚ÄòÈõôÂñú'„ÄÇ Â∞ä‰∫´ÂÇ≥Áµ±ÊâãÂ∑•È∫ªÂ∞áË£Ω‰ΩúÂ∑•Ëóù,ÊØèÂ•óÂê´146ÂºµÁâå,ÊØèÂºµÂ∞∫ÂØ∏1.3x1x0.7 Ëã±ÂØ∏,È™∞Â≠ê‰∏ÄÂ•ó,Ëéä,ÂåÖË£ùÁõí„ÄÇ
We're seasoned mahjong players and have used many different sets over the years. They are definitely not all the same. These tiles feel so good on our hands, with perfect weight and rounded corners/edges. The artwork and yellow back are beautiful too. We're very happy with our purchase.
I'm having so much fun using my set. My friends and I play once a week. Thank you
I recently have gotten into Riichi Mahjong but most of the Riichi sets out there are a bit too small for my liking. So why did I get a Chinese Mahjong set you ask? Mainly due to the yellow/gold bamboo back color and the 34 mm tile size. Of course with this Chinese set you don't get Red Doras or 4 Blank tiles for White Dragons. Non the less it is a viable set to use for Riichi if you don't mind the Black Frame tiles for White Dragons and no Red Doras. I just wished that there could have been 4 Blank tiles instead of only 2. That way you can use the Blanks for White Dragons. Not only for this but they could also be used as Jokers for Red Mahjong. A very simple variant of Mahjong that is a great version to learn as a beginner to Mahjong. I would have also liked it more if there were trays for the tiles instead of just the case. Other than the trays and not having 4 Blank tiles. The set is just the right size for me. Not too big and not too small. Just Right. As for a beginner to Mahjong this set might not be for you since there are no numbers and letters telling you which tile is which except for the Flower and Season tiles. The carvings and paint colors used are perfect. Very legible and not overpowering with bright colors like some other Chinese Mahjong sets. This is another reason I chose this set. In traditional Riichi sets. The colors are more muted and I like that in a set. While this set's reds are a bit more vibrant it's still not overpowering. The mixture of Black, Red, and Green colors are great. Not much of a fan of the Craks having blue for the numbers. Like in majority of Chinese Mahjong sets. Black is more fitting in my opinion. Actually if you own an Xbox 360 or Xbox One. There is an old Mahjong game called Funtown Mahjong. In that game the traditional tile setting have the same face design as in this Mahjong set. Not a perfect set. Meaning more tiles for other variants of Mahjong. It does make a great set to play with though. In the picture I took out the Chinese wind indicator and 3rd dice. Put in counting sticks and East/South wind indicator for Riichi Mahjong.
I have the green professional set already. This one looks and feels the same, except yellow on the back. The set came very well-packaged in a sturdy cardboard box with nice padding that fit the case perfectly. All tiles arrive shrink-wrapped in 4 neat seats. Note that there are no trays to hold the tiles, so you just have to stack them into the case in two layers to store them away. There is a narrow center tray to hold the two extra pieces, wind indicator, and three dice. The tiles are indeed 1" wide as indicated in the description. I purchased the pushers on YMI site separately (they DO NOT come with this mahjong set). I thought I would mention the pushers in case you were like me and trying to decide whether these pushers were the right size for this set. The pushers are just longer than 16 tiles wide - a little shorter than the other pushers I have, which are 18" wide, but they are just long enough to push the 18 tiles when building the stacks/walls. Note that the height of these pushers is only tall enough to push one layer of tiles - not tall enough to push walls stacked two tiles high if you play this way. I used to build the walls two high, but for many years now we play with two adjacent layers on one level, so these pushers would work just fine. I didn't see any other sizes of this style pushers (no racks) on the YMI site. Overall, the set is very nice and the tiles feel good/solid when you play!