Beechwood Veneer 0.4-Inch Etched Beginner's 9x9 Go Game Board (Goban)
Its 9x9 grid makes this go board ideal for fast and instructive games. Perfect choice to learn or teach go.
- 9X9 PLAYING FIELD: This board comes with 9x9 grid etched into the wood; Ideal for beginners to learn on and enjoy practice games
- BEECHWOOD VENEER BOARD: The board measures 9.84 x 9.25 x 0.39 inch (25 x 23.5 x 1 centimeter) with 24 x 25mm grid size
- FELT BOTTOM SURFACE: The bottom is covered in felt giving it the needed grip while retaining a traditional feel
- LIGHTWEIGHT GOBAN: At 0.9lb (0.4kg), you can take this board with you together with your favorite stones and play Go anywhere; Leave one in your office or school locker so you can easily practice your Go skills
- BOARD ONLY: Go game stones and bowls are not included
I bought a chess set and recently a small Go board. Excellent quality.
Nice board for quick games. Good color, nicely etched lines, soft backing. Good for the price.
The 9x9 board is nice because it is sturdy wood, has etched lines, and a felt bottom to stay secure on the table and not scratch it. The only problem is that the surface is shiny. A go board should have a non-shiny surface. You don't want to see the light reflections on the board because it distracts from the game. Even so, this is a nice board. It's very good for teaching beginners.
This board was amazing! I am currently using it in my go club to instruct new players in the game. High quality and great felt underside.
This is a lightweight and attractive 9x9 board, the best commercially available board we have found for teaching beginners, and for grade school clubs. Seattle Go Center.