Outlaws of the Marsh Mahjong Treasure Set - Tiles Only
"Outlaws of the Marsh" (also known by its literal translation as "The Water Margin") is one of the great classic novels of China. It's the story of the bandit Song Jiang and his 36 companions and is filled with intrigue, deception, and bluff - the perfect subtext for a mahjong game.
The bone and bamboo tiles included with this set are individually hand carved with intricate figures of Song Jiang and his cohorts. The case is made from Chinese rosewood and features a design of birds and flowers from inlaid mother of pearl. All items in this set are newly crafted.
Because of the time it takes to craft these tile sets, we only have a limited number available. Please note that this is a handmade mahjong set made with natural materials using traditional methods. Each tile is cut and carved one piece a time.
- 166 Tiles Include: 36 Dots, 36 Bams, 36 Craks, 12 Dragons, 16 Winds, 16 Flowers, 10 Jokers, and 4 Blank Spares
- Includes three dice, a set of betting sticks, and four wind tiles for determining seating placement
- The case measures 17-3/8"L x 9"W x 2-1/2"H (44cm x 22.5cm x 6cm)
- Tiles measure 1-3/8"L x 15/16"W x 9/16"H (3.5cm x 2.5cm x 1.6cm)
- PLEASE NOTE: Although this set has 166 tiles for playing American mahjong rules, the tiles are inscribed with Chinese characters only, and it is therefore recommended for advanced players of American mahjong