Chinese Mahjong Bone and Bamboo Tiles - Vintage "Qilin Kirin" Set
This collector's Chinese mahjong set comes with a vintage style wooden box with a mythical Qilin creature carved into it and 144 tiles crafted from cattle bone and bamboo.
- CHINESE MAHJONG SET, "VINTAGE INSPIRED": Just as the early imported mahjong sets from the 1920s, this particular set is crafted from snow white cattle bone and delicate slabs of Chinese bamboo. PLEASE NOTE: This is a traditional Chinese mahjong set designed for Chinese gameplay only. It does not contain joker tiles or racks.
- HANDCRAFTED MAHJONG TILES: Each tile measures 1.3 x 0.9 x 0.5" (3.2 x 2.2 x 1.2cm) and are traditional standard size, making them slightly smaller than contemporary tiles; Tile markings are carved and painted by hand, and the bone and bamboo halves are dovetailed together; Since these tiles are handcrafted, the color and shape charmingly and subtly vary from tile to tile and from set to set
- MAHJONG ACCESSORIES: 36 Circles, 36 Bamboos, 36 Characters, 12 Dragons, 16 Winds (N, S, E, W), 8 Flowers; Also includes a pair of dice, a set of betting sticks, and four wind tiles for determining seating placement
- FIVE-DRAWER ROSEWOOD CASE: Tiles and accessories fit perfectly into a rosewood box that measures 9.2 x 8.6 x 6.7" (23.3 x 21.8 x 17cm) with five separate drawers showcasing a carved image of Qilin (Kirin in Japanese), a good omen that brings prosperity and serenity in traditional Chinese culture; Entire set weighs 6.5lbs (3kg)
- BENEFITS OF PLAYING MAHJONG: Playing mahjong helps improve strategic thinking skills and social participation during the game also enhances overall mental health!
I was very satisfied with the mahjong set. It arrived very quickly, packed well and the set itself is quite beautiful. The rosewood box and the tiles made out of bone and bamboo are beautifully crafted. Particular like for me is that the tiles have no numbers on them, they are authentic mahjong tiles. Very happy. Thanks.