Regulation Tournament Roll-Up Staunton Chess Game Set (19.75-Inch) with Travel Bag - Green
Staunton chess equipment has been the standard for tournament chess since 1849. Play to win on this full-sized, practical and handy set!
- Tournament Level Chess Set: Felt bottom chessmen weighted with magnets at the base; King: 9.6 x 3.7centimeters; Queen: 7.7 x 3.7 centimeters; Pawn: 4.8 x 2.8 centimeters; Comes with two extra Queens!
- FIDE Approved: This chess set meets the International Chess Federation's (FIDE) height, weight, and proportions for chess tournaments
- Easy-to-Roll Chess Board: This quality vinyl, magnetic chessboard measures 19.75 x 19.75 inches (50 x 50 centimeters); The green and beige squares measure 2.25 x 2.25 inches (5.7 x 5.7 centimeters); Borders are designed with number and letter algebraic coordinates for describing and recording chess moves
- Black Storage Bag: To store, roll up the vinyl board and put it in the non-woven fabric bag together with the chess pieces
- The entire set weighs 2.8lbs (1.3kg)
Very poor quality.VERY DISSAPOINTING!!!
No zipper pocket to store roll-up chess board. Just 2 elastic straps holding board in the zipper canvas which broke when removing the board. no special zipper pouch to hold pieces. Just barely long enough to hold the board, had to squeeze it in. Chess pieces were slightly weighted with magnets but not heavily weighted as other companies I have ordered from. Inferior plastic
My experience with yellow mountain was top shelf . I love the fact that they are bringing analog games back . They will have my business thank you yellow mountain games .
I'm very pleased with this purchase. The reasonable price represents a double bonus when coupled with the quick delivery.
Purchase did not live up to expectations. Although pieces were tall enough, their weight was too light for my taste. No place in travel bag for tournament clock. Travel bag cheaply constructed. I gave purchase to my grandson and reclaimed the more sturdy "Excalibur" system I had loaned him.
Great Set for the Price
This is a great carry set for the money. I have not been able to find a better set for less. This is a durable set that you can carry with you. The pieces are a great size and they are waited so that they don't topple over when playing speed chess. I still have my first one for over a year and I leave it in the back of my car. The elastic rings that hold the board will break, but the carry bag has held up fine. The ziplock bags break too, but you can replace them with other ziplock bags or just use the zipper pouch in the bag. I bought 4 more for my daughters chess club that I run. I have had a couple tiny knicks in some of the pieces but the kids drop them over and over again. My daughters named one of the rooks "chip" because a tiny piece broke off, but it is not really noticeable. Good solid set for the money. Also to note about one of the posts here. If you roll up the mat with the "top" side on the "outside", then it will lay flat when you play. You may get a couple more scratches this way, but it's a "travel set" and does not affect play. If you roll it up the other way, then you do run into problems with the pieces staying on the board. I have seen this same thing with many different chess mats.