Husaria Wooden Three-Player Chess - 18.5 Inches
Level up your game with this unique chess set for 3 players. The board is crafted from beech and birch and the chessmen are carved from hornbeam and beech.
- INDIVIDUALLY HANDCRAFTED: Felt bottom chessmen are made from hornbeam and beech; King: 3.46 inches (8.8 centimeters); Queen: 2.76 inches (7 centimeters); Pawn: 1.73 inches (4.4 centimeters)
- EXQUISITE BOARD: Crafted from beech and birch and decorated with traditional pyrography patterns, the hexagonal folding chessboard measures 21.26 x 0.98 x 18.35 inches (54 x 2.5 x 46.6 centimeters) when open; Number and letter algebraic coordinates adorn the borders
- FELT INTERIOR: Three felt-lined compartments store the chessmen inside the board; Decorative metal clasps keep the board securely locked after play
- PLAYING INSTRUCTIONS ARE INCLUDED; Handcrafted in Poland
- ENTIRE SET WEIGHS 2.8lbs (1.3kg)
Beautiful board. Pieces themselves could be a little heavier but for the price I'd say it's more than fair. As for gameplay it can be quite confusing especially in the center of the board and the instructions do leave something to be desired but we figured it out. Worth the money and if you love chess this is a great addition to any collection.
It seems like a great quality set. The white pieces seemed to be covered in the green felt when they arrived but it all wiped off just fine. I've only gotten to play one game so far. The instructions kind of leave a lot to be desired. It would be more helpful to have a picture or two of the set up for the pieces in the instructions (Mostly for the King and Queen). The picture on the front actually has a different setup than how the instructions tell you to place the colors. For example the White pieces are suppose to be on the lines (A-L) but the picture on the front shows them on (A-H) making the rest of them wrong. If anything that should be fixed for consistency. Overall, a great and interesting set for someone who causally places Chess.