Wooden Inlaid Backgammon Game Set, "Pasadena" - 15"
A stunning wooden backgammon set that combines convenience with beautiful craftsmanship. Full-sized and complete with accessories.
- Suave Inside and Out: The eye-catching backgammon wood inlay adds sophistication to this set; It can double as a home decor piece to make a simple yet elegant statement
- Full-Sized yet Portable: The 15-inch set folds in half with all accessories inside, for a truly easy to store and carry set; Kept secure by hidden inset magnets, the case measures 15.2 x 9.4 x 1.8 inches (38.5 x 24 x 4.5 centimeters) when closed
- Sleek Playing Surface: The board comes with an elegantly-designed play area with inlaid pips and organizational sections for checkers and accessories
- Complementing Accessories: Includes 2 sets of 15 acrylic checkers that measure 1.1 x 0.3 inch (2.8 x 0.8 millimeters), 4 dice, a doubling cube, and 2 wooden dice cups; Complete set weighs 2.12lbs (0.96kg)
- For Players of All Levels: This backgammon set is ideal for anyone new to the game or those who play like a pro; Great for game nights, casual afternoons at a cafe, or competitive playing
This will be a gift so I haven’t played a game yet. The wood and inlay is very nice. My husband is an amateur craftsman and I don’t believe that he’ll find anything to criticize.
For the most part, the set is quite nice. The 'men' are well-made and the white ones have a nice pearlescent look to them. The die are pretty standard but are paired by two distinctly different designs.
Now the issues I have with the set.
The die cups have no padding on the inside which makes them louder than they need to be and also, the interiors haven't even been sanded down so they feel rough on the inside.
There's not enough room in the die well to hold them all at the same time (the 4 player die and the doubling cube). This is pretty common even though they could easily be designed to have the needed space.
Those are minor quibbles and wouldn't alter the score when considering the other factors, but now is the big one. The magnets used to hold the set closed are incredibly weak. They can barely hold the set closed under the most basic of circumstances and can't keep them closed if even the slightest bit of jostling is introduced.
Unfortunately, there's no way to know the quality/strength of the magnets in advance.
This feature is too crucial to be half-assed about it which is why I'm not giving the set 2 stars.
Hello! We appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear about the issues in the set you received. I'll make sure to pass this along to the right team. We've also sent a private email to assist you further. We hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Very well made.
We have been enjoying the game since Christmas
Not great. The board warped almost immediately after I took it out of the box...a lot. It didn't lay flat when opened and didn't close properly.
The folks at Yellow Mountain were good to deal with about this problem. Although I would have preferred a refund, they offered to send me a replacement, and let me keep the warped board. Unfortunately, the new board is starting to warp, but so far, not nearly as much as the first board. It's not a very good product. They should get a different supplier.
We read your product review and we're sorry to hear that there was an issue with the order you received. If you could please kindly contact us and provide a picture of the problem, that will help us considerably in investigating and resolving your concern.
We understand this is an inconvenience and want to make things right with you.