Classic Chinese Mahjong Game Set - Champagne Gold - with 148 Medium Size Tiles and a Wooden Case
Bring luck and elegance to your game with this traditional Chinese mahjong set. Made with classic craftsmanship and includes everything you need to play.
- Chinese Mahjong Set, "Champagne Gold": Gold is the color of luck and fortune in Chinese culture; The tiles are made of three layers of acrylic; The middle layer has a champagne gold color that shines through the transparent back layer; Tiles measure 1.3 x 1 x 0.7 inch (3.4 x 2.5 x 1.9 centimeters)
- Set of 148 Mahjong Tiles: Tiles are beautifully engraved with markings of Chinese characters and Arabic (Western) numerals; The set includes 36 circles, 36 bamboos, 36 characters, 12 dragons, 16 winds, 8 flowers and seasons, and 4 blank spares; This set plays by Chinese gameplay only, not American/Western rules; Joker tiles are not included
- Chinese Mahjong Accessories: This set includes 3 dice, a set of 120 betting sticks, a decorative wooden spinner for determining seating placement and an instruction manual; Racks and pushers are not included
- Wooden Veneer Case: The compartmentalized wooden case keeps your mahjong accessories organized; The case measures 15.3 x 10.9 x 2.2 inches (38.8 x 27.7 x 5.6 centimeters)
- The entire set weighs 9.4 pounds (4.3 kilograms)
My wife really likes the set, so I was a Champ this Christmas……THANKS!!!
Great Quality Product!
Everything is good but I wish they had a tray to hold the tiles, is hard to take it out and put it back in.
I love my new look mahjong set.. the size is perfect and the color too
I'm very happy to buy this product
Rose Gold Chinese Mahjong Set - Beautiful Wooden Case
This set arrived faster than expected in a very strong cardboard box with thick protective styrofoam padding molded to fit the case exactly. The case feels solid and beautiful. Note that the entire bottom exterior of the box is covered in a lightly flocked brown velvet-like fabric. All "hardware" is gold tone. The case will stand when placed hinge side down and handle side up. The lid of the case is the wooden design with a YMI logo in the bottom right hand corner. This is really a lovely set to treat yourself or give as a gift. The inside is lined with a flocked dark red velvet-like fabric - including the four sturdy trays that hold the mahjong pieces and the tray in the middle which holds the four blank/extra pieces, three dice, wind/round indicator, and the betting sticks. If only the case were designed long enough to hold the pusher sticks inside!! The backs of the mahjong tiles are a glittery rose gold/copper color. Note that the width of each tile is a little less than 1". I also purchased the YMI professional mahjong set with yellow back - also listed as 1" wide - and that set is more close to the 1" width. I have not played with either set as photos were taken before the clear packaging holding the tiles together was removed, so I cannot comment on how the tiles "feel." I also purchased the gold pusher set sold on the YMI site. As you can see in the photo - the pushers are just longer than 16 tiles wide. When stacking/building the tiles, the pusher will extend slightly onto the 17th and 18th tile on the right and left. While this set of pushers is shorter than other sets that I have purchased (which are 18" wide), the shorter length is helpful after you start choosing your initial hand of 16 tiles. At least it's easy to tell if you are starting with the right number of tiles. The pushers are only high enough to push one layer of tiles - so if you play "stacking style" with one tile on top of the other at the start of the game, these pushers are not "tall" enough. Growing up I used to play that way, but it seems that more people are now playing with two rows of adjacent tiles on one level instead of stacking one row on top of the other. The main benefit I see to this method is that the tiles don't accidentally fall over and reveal what the face of the tile is. I am hoping that the glittery gold backs won't reflect light too much during play - could make it tougher on the eyes during long, marathon mahjong playing sessions! My old set has the green backing, which is easy on the eyes. Note that the pushers are more glittery gold while the mahjong tile backs are more of a glittery rose gold/copper color. They do not "match." Really a beautiful set, packaged and presented very nicely in this sturdy case! My only disappointment is that one of the tile sets came with torn plastic packaging. As a result, the tiles have some red "dust" on them from the red velvet-flocked interior lining of the lid. I imagine it will wash off, but if this had been shipped as a gift, kind of a bummer to arrive appearing "damaged" or "open."
I bought this a birthday gift and they loved it. Especially the nice briefcase it comes in.