Classic Wooden Mahjong Racks, 18" - Mahogany Color - Set of 4
These classic mahjong racks bring back the same design from the early racks included with Bakelite sets in the 1940s: solid wooden racks with vertical posts for storing betting chips. A pleasant wood finish makes this set easy to pair with just about any mahjong set.
- Wooden Mahjong Racks: Set of four wooden racks in mahogany color; Each rack measures 18.5 x 2.6 x 1.2 inches (46.9 x 6.6. x 3.1 centimeters)
- Extensive Tile Space: Each rack can fit 17 standard size mahjong tiles that measure 1.18 x 0.87 x 0.47 inches (3 x 2.2 x 1.2 centimeters)
- Classic Styling: These mahjong racks have been popular since they first appeared in Bakelite sets of the 1940s; Includes brass ends for stacking scoring coins and attaching pushers; To attach or remove a pusher onto a side knob, remove the black rubber cap first
- Mahjong Racks Only: The entire set weighs 2.6lbs (1.18kg); Pushers and other accessories are not included
- Ideal gift for mahjong lovers as an upgrade to their mahjong sets or as a spare set of racks
I need 4 pushers to go with the above set
Great product works. Well with pushers
When my granddaughter was 8 (she's 14 now) I bought her a set of tiles for her own. The tiles had backs with two adorable chinese children which she loved. She had learned Chinese Mahjongg well enough to be able to yell "mahjongg!" more than a few times. Her mother was not too impressed, saying "Isn't mahjongg an old ladies' game?" And I responded "It's only an old ladies' game if only old ladies play it." We roped her mother into a game that included myself, my daughter, my granddaughter and her mother. We only played once because my granddaughter was able to yell Mahjongg! and her mother said:"This is ridiculous! Beaten by an eight year old child!". Now she was still young enough that she could lose tiles, so we agreed to keep the tiles at Grandma's house until she was older. With her 14th birthday I felt it was time to complete the set for her. I bought a nice case for her online. And then I went to look for racks. I didn't want to get her plastic racks, so I bought the set that Yellow Mountain offered. They were perfect and she is very pleased with her set. We played a couple of games with my grandson, and my granddaughter wants to teach mahjongg to her circle of friends. So much for Mahjongg being an old lady's game.
Pushers must be bought separately.
I loveeeeee these racks/pushers. They are the best!!!