Shin Kaya Beginner's Reversible 13x13 / 9x9 Go Game Set Board (0.8-inch) with Double Convex Melamine Stones
Learn, teach or practice Go on a traditional Shin-Kaya veneer Go set. Full-sized double convex stones with reversible 13x13 and 9x9 grids.
- Reversible Go Board (Goban): 13x13 playing field on one side and 9x9 on the other; The 9x9 is great for learning rules and fundamentals, while the 13x13 helps expand a player into joseki and whole board concepts
- Japanese Standard Size: The board measures 13.8 x 13 x 0.8 inch (35 x 33 x 2 centimeters) and is made from Shin Kaya veneer with Japanese standard size grids of 22 x 23.5 millimeters
- Double Convex Stones: 7.5 x 22mm (size 28) stones made from extremely durable melamine paired with 2 plastic bowls (gosu)
- Portable Set: At 2kg (4.4lbs), this handy set can be played and enjoyed at home, school, work or outdoors by kids and adults alike
- The Way to Go: Included is Karl Baker's beginner classic booklet explaining the essential rules and strategies of Go
different than i was used to but i love it
my only goban and stones i had access to before getting these were a hinged wooden board and glass stones bought in the 80s by my parents in japan. the new stones on my new board initially felt a lot more slippery but the problem seems to have mostly gone away over time. i recommend. places where go sets at this price are sold for quality as decent as this are hard to find.
Great board for the price, no defects or damage. There were a couple stones with defects, but nothing major. It was a better percentage of flawless stones than I got when I purchased the same kind of stones stones last year.
I like the weight of the stones and have gotten compliments on the board. I enjoy having the double sided board, which allows me to teach friends on the 9x9 and then play games on the 13x13.
Cheap stone containers
Never played Go before. The look and feel of the board and stones is great! Although, the plastic containers for the stones feel cheap. Not a big deal overall.