Shin Kaya 0.8" Go Board w/ Double Convex Stones Set
Brand: Yellow Mountain Imports
This goban, along with our melamine stones, is perfect for learning Go, introducing Go to a friend or family member, practicing Go problems, or for quick Go games.
On one side is a 13x13 board and on the other is a 9x9 board. Why play on a learning board? On a standard 19x19 board the possible combination of Go positions approaches infinity, and a game can last for hours - keep your skills sharp by playing on a smaller board when you don't have time for a full length game. Even if you already have a standard 19x19 goban, you'll appreciate the informality and convenience of this small board.
This board is paired with a set of double convex melamine stones. Melamine is an exceptionally durable compound commonly used when strength is essential, such as kitchen counters and industrial applications. These are excellent stones to use in an environment where the stones will be put to constant, hard use. Like Yunzi stones, they have a satisfying heft and snap to them.
Great for go clubs, starter sets or as a substitute for when you don't want to take out your expensive set of stones.
- One 0.8" (20mm) thick shin kaya table board (goban). This board is made of 2-4 solid pieces of wood joined together to prevent warping over time. Please note, because of the nature of wood, the grain will be similar but not identical to the pictures.
- Board is Japanese standard size (21.5mm x 23mm grids) and measures 14" x 13" x 0.8" (355mm x 330mm x 20mm). Playing field is reversible 13x13 and 9x9.
- 181 black and 180 white Melamine stones. 7.5mm (Size 28) double convex stones measure 7.5mm tall and 21mm wide (approximately 0.3" x 0.83").
- Two plastic bowls (gosu).
- Booklet on how to play go, "The Way to Go", by Karl Baker.