Yunzi Double Convex Go Game Stones and Jujube Bowls Set - 9.2mm (Size 33)
This is a set of Yunzi professional Go stones, China's finest. Yunzi stones are beautiful to look at, carry a nice heavy feel, and possess excellent 'snap' qualities. The stones will actually look nicer over time as they absorb moisture and natural oils from your fingertips.
Yunzi stones have been made for almost a thousand years in the same area of Yunnan Province in southern China. The secret recipe for making them is closely guarded, and nobody outside of Yunnan knows for sure what they're made of - although rumor has it that the ingredients include agate and Yunnan mountain stone mixed with agate. To make sure that stones are genuine, hold them up to the light and you will see a greenish halo form around the edge. This is a unique characteristic of Yunzi.
The Yunzi stones are matched with a pair of jujube date wood bowls and a vinyl carrying case. Each bowl is hollowed out from a single piece of wood. In addition to their natural beauty, they are highly durable, keep their shape over time.
- 181 black and 180 white genuine Yunzi stones. 9.2mm (Size 33) double convex stones measure 9.2mm tall and 21.5mm wide (approximately 0.36" x 0.85").
- Yunzi stones are the official stones of all professional Chinese Weiqi (Go) tournaments
- Two jujube bowls (gosu) that measure 5.9" x 3.9" (150mm x 100mm). Bowls fit stones up to 9.2mm (Size 33).
- Includes vinyl stones and bowls carrier.
- Two straps for securing Go bowls.