Bamboo 0.8" Go Board w/ Double Convex Yunzi Stones and Bowls Set
Brand: Yellow Mountain Imports
This striking Go board is made out of solid bamboo. It's a very elegant way to play Go, combining the strength and beauty of bamboo - a grass species with the tensile strength of iron - with the timeless game of Go, a game so complicated that it's been calculated there are more possible Go games than there are protons in the universe. This board is made of solid strips of bamboo, pressed together one layer at a time. On the underside of this Chinese standard size 19x19 board is a 13x13 quick game board.
This board is paired with a set of Yunzi professional Go stones, China's finest. If you haven't played with these stones before you'll find it to be a completely different experience than playing with glass or plastic stones. Yunzi stones are beautiful to look at, carry a nice heavy feel, and possess excellent 'snap' qualities. The stones will actually look nicer over time as they absorb moisture and natural oils from your fingertips. The Yunzi stones are matched with a pair of sturdy and elegant bamboo bowls.
This set is made of environmentally friendly bamboo. Bamboo is an excellent renewable resource for agro-forestry production that grows quickly, requires no pesticides, and stabilizes erosion-prone soil.
- One 0.8" (20mm) thick bamboo solid wood table board (goban). A felt go board cover is included.
- Board is Chinese standard size (23mm x 25mm grids) and measures 18.5" x 17.3" x 0.8" (470mm x 440mm x 20mm). Playing field is reversible 19x19 and 13x13.
- 181 black and 180 white genuine Yunzi stones. 9.2mm (Size 33) double convex stones measure 9.2mm tall and 21.5mm wide (approximately 0.36" x 0.85").
- Two bamboo bowls (gosu) that measure 6.3" x 4.3" (160mm x 110mm). Bowls fit stones up to 10.4mm (Size 37). Includes vinyl stones and bowls carrier and securing bowl straps.
- Booklet on how to play go, "The Way to Go", by Karl Baker.