Bamboo 2" Go Board w/ Double Convex Yunzi Stones and Bowls Set
Brand: Yellow Mountain Imports
Looking for something that's durable yet elegant? You'll appreciate the natural beauty and rich dark colors of this 2" thick bamboo board . This is the big brother of our popular 3/4" bamboo board. Weighing almost 20 pounds, this board is made of solid strips of bamboo, pressed together one layer at a time.
One one side is a Chinese standard 19 x 19 Goban, and on the opposite side is a 13 x 13 board.
This board is paired with a set of Yunzi professional Go stones, China's finest. If you haven't played with these stones before you'll find it to be a completely different experience than playing with glass or plastic stones. Yunzi stones are beautiful to look at, carry a nice heavy feel, and possess excellent 'snap' qualities. The stones will actually look nicer over time as they absorb moisture and natural oils from your fingertips. The Yunzi stones are matched with a pair of elegant bamboo bowls and a vinyl carrying case. Each bowl is hollowed out from a single piece of wood. In addition to their natural beauty, they are highly durable, keep their shape over time and are unaffected by moisture. The handy carrying case will keep your bowls scratch free and prevent those stones from falling out when moving about. Included is a booklet on how to play go, "The Way to Go", by Karl Baker.
- One 2" (50mm) thick bamboo solid wood table board (goban).
- Board is Chinese standard size (23mm x 25mm grids) and measures 18.5" x 17.3" x 2" (470mm x 440mm x 50mm). Playing field is reversible 19x19 and 13x13.
- 181 black and 180 white genuine Yunzi stones. 9.2mm (Size 33) double convex stones measure 9.2mm tall and 21.5mm wide (approximately 0.36" x 0.85").
- Two bamboo bowls (gosu) that measure 6.3" x 4.3" (160mm x 110mm). Bowls fit stones up to 10.4mm (Size 37). Includes vinyl stones and bowls carrier and securing bowl straps.
- Booklet on how to play go, "The Way to Go", by Karl Baker.