Bamboo 2-Inch Reversible 19x19/13x13 Go Game Set Board with Double Convex Korean Hardened Glass Paduk Go Stones and Jujube Bowls
Play, practice or teach Go on this traditional 2-inch bamboo go game board with double convex stones and wooden bowls.
- Reversible Go Board (Goban): 19x19 playing field on one side and 13x13 on the other; The 19x19 side is for standard gameplay, while the 13x13 is great for learning the basics and for quick games; The board measures 18.5 x 17.4 x 2 inches (47 x 44.2 x 5 centimeters) with Chinese standard size grids of 22 x 23.5 millimeters
- Bamboo Board: This board is made of solid strips of durable bamboo, pressed together one layer at a time; Wood grain may vary slightly from photos; A protective felt sleeve is included with the board
- Solid Double Convex Size 33 Korean Hardened Glass "Jangstone": These glass stones create a nice knocking sound when played on the board; This set comes with 181 black stones (9.5 x 22 millimeters) and 180 white stones (9.3 x 22 millimeters)
- Set of 2 Wild Jujube Bowls: Jujube or Chinese date wood is a hard and sturdy species; Each deep, natural grained bowl measures 5.9 x 4.3 inches (15 x 10.8 centimeters); The set comes with securing bowl straps and a vinyl carrying go bowl case
- The Way to Go: Included is Karl Baker's beginner classic booklet explaining the essential rules and strategies of Go
Great quality! Recipients loved it!
I bought this set for my husband for Christmas, (and took advantage of Yellow Mountain's black Friday sale), and it's a beauty. It weighs quite a lot, and all the items were will packed in a box, (we've actually kept the box for when we move and need to transport the set). The board is like thick butcher block, and the glass stones are lovely. My only minor complaint is that the black carrying bag is low quality, and the zipper was only completely broken. We got the zipper to work, but we might end up using a different bag. All in all though, we are very satisfied with the set!