Bamboo 0.8" Etched Go Board w/ Double Convex Melamine Stones and Bowls Set
Brand: Yellow Mountain Imports
This striking Go board is made out of solid bamboo. It's a very elegant way to play Go, combining the strength and beauty of bamboo - a grass species with the tensile strength of iron - with the timeless game of Go, a game so complicated that it's been calculated there are more possible Go games than there are protons in the universe. This board is made of solid strips of bamboo, pressed together one layer at a time. On the underside of this Chinese standard size 19x19 board is a 13x13 quick game board with lines engraved in.
This board is paired with a set of melamine Go stones, China's finest. Melamine stones possess aesthetics and function, carry a nice solid feel, and possess excellent 'snap' qualities. The stones are matched with a pair of sturdy yet elegant bamboo bowls.
This set is made of environmentally friendly bamboo. Bamboo is an excellent renewable resource for agro-forestry production that grows quickly, requires no pesticides, and stabilizes erosion prone soil.
- One 0.8" (20mm) thick bamboo solid wood table board (goban) with a protective felt sleeve.
- Board is Chinese standard size (23mm x 25mm grids) and measures 18.5" x 17.3" x 0.8" (470mm x 440mm x 20mm). Etched playing field is reversible 19x19 and 13x13.
- 181 black and 180 white genuine melamine stones. 9mm (Size 32.5) double convex stones measure 9mm tall and 22mm wide (approximately 0.36" x 0.87").
- Two bamboo bowls (gosu) that measure 6.3" x 4.3" (160mm x 110mm). Bowls fit stones up to 10.4mm (Size 37). Includes vinyl stones and bowls carrier and securing bowl straps.
- Booklet on how to play Go, "The Way to Go", by Karl Baker.