Bamboo 0.8-Inch Etched Reversible 19x19 / 13x13 Go Game Set Board with 9.2mm Double Convex Yunzi Stones and Bamboo Wood Bowls Set
Play, practice or teach Go on a traditional 0.8-Inch etched Bamboo Go set with reversible 19x19/13x13 grids. Includes size 33 double convex Yunzi stones.
- Etched, Reversible Go Board (Goban): 19x19 playing field on one side and 13x13 on the other; The 19x19 is for standard gameplay, while the 13x13 is great for learning rules and fundamentals and for quick games; The beautifully etched board measures 18.6 x 17.4 x 0.8 inch (47.3 x 44.2 x 2 centimeters) with Chinese standard size grids of 22 x 23.5 millimeters
- Bamboo Board: This board is made of solid strips of bamboo, pressed together one layer at a time; Not only is bamboo beautiful, but it is also durable, environmentally friendly and sustainable; Wood grain may vary slightly from photos; A protective felt sleeve is included with the board
- Double Convex Stones: Yunzi stones have been made for almost a thousand years from the Yunnan Province in southern China; They're beautiful to look at, carry a nice heavy feel, and possess excellent 'snap' qualities; They're also the official stones of all professional Chinese Weiqi (Go) tournaments; Each stone measures 9.2 x 21 millimeters (about 0.36 x 0.83 inch)
- Set of 2 Bamboo Bowls: Each bowl measures 6.3 x 4.3 inches (16 x 11 centimeters); Securing bowl straps with hook and loop fasteners accompany the bowls to keep the lids secure during storage and transport; A vinyl carrying case for the bowls is also included
- The Way to Go: Included is Karl Baker's beginner classic booklet explaining the essential rules and strategies of Go
Excellent. Never had such a nice set before. Fair price, quick delivery. A joy to play on.
Easy and fast delivery. Elegant, beautiful and fun. A great Christmas present for my partner, he loves it and so do I!
beautiful set, wonderful heavy quality, well packaged, quick shipping even during the holiday season.
The stones are absolutely beautiful, oiled and washed they are smooth and hefty. The board is quite heavy (bamboo) so it isn’t too convenient to lug round but otherwise it’s wonderful and makes a nice clack. Perfect for intermediate go players or for those who don’t want to splurge on a table board. Compared to my table board/stones from my grandparents the stones and board hold up nicely (though I still prefer the shell stones’ look, the yunzi have a more playable weight) and I would recommend this set to anyone looking for a high quality board with *indecently* good stones.
very good stuff. The board is of good quality and has excellent finishes. yunzi stones are excellent, highly recommended. the bowls are beautiful. I recommend this set 100%