Bamboo 0.8-Inch Etched Reversible 19x19 / 13x13 Go Game Set Board with Single Convex Melamine Stones and Bamboo Bowls Set
Master and enjoy this 4,000-year-old "control and capture" Go game on a 0.8-inch etched reversible Bamboo Go Board set with Single Convex Stones.
- Reversible Go Board (Goban): This board comes with 19x19 and 13x13 playing fields etched into the wood; The 19x19 is for standard gameplay, while the 13x13 is great for learning rules and fundamentals and for quick games
- Bamboo Board: This board is made of solid strips of durable bamboo, pressed together one layer at a time; Wood grain may vary slightly from photos; A protective felt sleeve is included with the board; The board measures 18.5 x 17.3 x 0.8 inch (47 x 44 x 2 centimeters) with Chinese standard size grids of 22 x 23.5 millimeters
- Melamine Stones: Melamine is an exceptionally durable compound; These are excellent stones to use in an environment where they will be put to constant, hard use; They also have a satisfying heft and snap to them; 181 black and 180 white 22-millimeter (Size 3) single convex stones included; Each stone measures 5.7 x 22-millimeter (approximately 0.22 x 0.86 inch)
- Set of 2 Bamboo Bowls: Each bowl measures 5.83 x 5.83 x 3.9 inches (14.8 x 14.8 x 9.8 centimeters); The set comes with securing bowl straps and a vinyl carrying case
- The Way to Go: Included is Karl Baker's beginner classic booklet explaining the essential rules and strategies of Go
The quality of this set is much greater than I expected. It's a real bargain.
Thank you for making these beautiful and high quality products that you so quickly shipped and safely packed that sustain our playfulness and sanity and bring us all joy .
It is now May 5th and I ordered in February 12th. The USPS Tracking code tells me that it still hasn't arrived at a USPS facility...
there is a really really strong smell, it comes from inside the two stone-holder bowls.
the stones pick up the smell , but you can wash them very easily and they dont smell anymore.
the board can also be washed and it does not smell.
however the bowls for the stones have an incredibly strong smell coming from inside them. i have washed, packed with coffee, washed, packed with baking soda, washed again, and it still smells.
if you are chemically sensitive, plan to take severe actions to get rid of the smell inside the bowls.