Shin Kaya 1.6-Inch Reversible 19x19 / 13x13 Go Game Set Board with Double Convex Yunzi Stones and Jujube Wood Bowls
Master and enjoy one of the world's oldest strategy games on a reversible Japanese standard size Shin Kaya Go game board with genuine Yunzi stones and jujube bowls.
- Two-in-One Playing Fields Go Board: This reversible board has 19x19 playing field on one side and 13x13 on the other; The 19x19 side is for standard gameplay, while the 13x13 is great for learning rules and fundamentals and for quick games
- Shin Kaya Go Board: Shin Kaya is valued for the resonating sound it creates when the stone hits the wood; It's also known for its soft touch, beautiful grain patterns, color, shine, and even fragrance; The board measures 18.1 x 16.9 x 1.6 inches (46 x 43 x 4 centimeters) with Japanese standard size grids of 22 x 23.5 millimeters
- Double Convex Stones: Yunzi stones have been made for almost a thousand years from the Yunnan Province in southern China; They're beautiful to look at, carry a nice heavy feel, and possess deep sounding 'snap' qualities; They're also the official stones of all professional Chinese Weiqi (Go) tournaments; These size 33 stones each measure 9.2 x 21 millimeters (about 0.36 x 0.83 inch)
- Set of 2 Wild Jujube Bowls: Jujube or Chinese date wood is a hard and sturdy species; Each deep, natural grained bowl measures 5.9 x 4.3 inches (15 x 10.8 centimeters); The set comes with securing bowl straps and a vinyl carrying go bowl case
- The Way to Go: Included is Karl Baker's beginner classic booklet explaining the essential rules and strategies of Go
I love my new Goban with Yunzi stones I’ve gotten a Goban from YMI before and I decided to upgrade to this one and haven’t regretted it, thank you!
Shin Kaya and Double Convex Yunzi
My goban arrived with one imperfection but I was relieved that YMI handled the issue very well. The Yunzi are all in excellent shape and I'm very happy with the price I paid for a more quality experience!