Japanese Riichi Mahjong Set - Black Standard Size Tiles and Vinyl Case - with East Wind Tile, Set of Betting Sticks, & Dice
Play the exciting variation of Japanese mahjong with elegant jet black mahjong tiles engraved with vibrant colors. This Riichi set comes with everything you need to play.
- Japanese Mahjong Set: The most commonly played variant in Japan and Europe and the chosen Mahjong version of the European Mahjong Association; Plays with "Riichi" scoring rules and "Dora" tiles which throws an extra element of luck and uncertainty into the mix for a thrilling game!
- 144 Riichi Standard Size Tiles: Each jet black, scratch-resistant melamine tile measures 1 x 0.8 x 0.6" (2.6 x 1.9 x 1.6cm); The tiles are marked with colorful engraving to prevent rubbing off due to repeated play; Includes 36 circles, 36 bamboos, 36 characters, 12 dragons (red, green and white), 16 winds (north, south, east, west), 4 flowers, and 4 red fives; Note: Riichi tile sizes are different from American or Chinese Mahjong sets
- All-Inclusive Riichi Set: This portable set includes four trays for tile storage, four dice, a set of betting sticks, and an east wind tessera (for determining seating placement); The compact black vinyl case measures 11.2 x 7.3 x 2" (28.5 x 18.5 x cm)
- Entire Set Weighs 5.5 lbs(2.5kg)
- Please note that these tiles are smaller than large size Japanese Mahjong tiles
I ordered a set via a delivery company to my country from the USA, and it recently arrived. Delivery to the USA was almost instant. I've been dreaming about a black set for a long time, and overall, I don't regret it.
The set is very beautiful and well made, but there are a few minor flaws:
1. One of the tiles was not painted very well, not critically, but it catches the eye.
2. The red five of dots is very dark and difficult to read in dim lighting. All other tiles are very bright and look great.
3. There are exactly enough counting sticks in the set - enough for a game for four, however, I often play the version for three players. My old set had a lot of spare sticks and there were two extra 10,000 point sticks that were needed for a 3 player game (each player has 35,000 points at the start of the game). The set contains 20 extra sticks for 1000 points, but it would be more convenient if you put 2 extra sticks for 10,000 points. Also, if the sticks are lost, it will be unpleasant, because there are exactly as many of them as you need (40 sticks for 100 points, 8 for 5000 points and 4 for 10000 points.).
4. The wind indicator arrived a little scratched.
Despite everything, I am very pleased with the purchase, thanks for the fast delivery.
Shipping was fast - faster than I expected! The tiles are beautifully made and of high quality. The colors are bright and stand out well against the dark background. These dark tiles are more prone to showing fingerprints under some lighting compared to lighter tile sets, but regular cleaning mitigates this. A great set to enjoy a classic game with friends and family.
Beautiful tiles that I can't wait to play with
It is easy to feel like you are just money to most companies, but I didn't feel that way at all doing business with Yellow Mountain Imports. They were warm and friendly. As far as the mahjong set goes, it is beautifully crafted. It appears exactly as pictured, and each piece is a pleasure to touch and hold. I feel like my set is flawless and well worth the money. I will be using this company for any future gaming needs.
Great. The tiles look cool and are fun to use.