Japanese Riichi Mahjong Set - White and Yellow Standard Size Tiles with Black Vinyl Case - with East Wind Tile, Set of Betting Sticks, & Dice
Play the exciting variation of Japanese mahjong and enjoy classic, quality craftsmanship with this neat and compact Riichi set.
- Japanese Mahjong Set: The most commonly played variant in Japan and Europe and the chosen Mahjong version of the European Mahjong Association; Plays with "Riichi" scoring rules and "Dora" tiles which throws an extra element of luck and uncertainty into the mix for a thrilling game!
- 144 Standard Size Tiles: Each white tile is cleanly contrasted against a yellow backside and measures 1 x 0.8 x 0.6 inch (2.6 x 2.0 x 1.6 centimeters); These scratch-resistant melamine tiles are marked with bright engraving to prevent rubbing off due to repeated play; Includes 36 circles, 36 bamboos, 36 characters, 12 dragons (red, green and white), 16 winds (north, south, east, west), 4 flowers, and 4 red fives
- Ready-to-Play Set: Inclusive of four trays for tile storage, four dice, a set of betting sticks, and an east wind tessera (for determining seating placement); The compact black vinyl case measures 11.2 x 7.3 x 2 inches (28.5 x 18.5 x 5 centimeters); Entire set weighs 5.5 lbs(2.5kg)
- Preferred Mahjong Version in Europe: Much like American Mahjong has its preferences, this modern variant of Japanese Mahjong is commonly played in Europe and is the chosen Mahjong version of the European Mahjong Association
- Please note that these tiles are smaller than large size Japanese Mahjong tiles
How do you select which size you want to order? Standard is way too small.
Hello Romel, We read your product review and we're sorry for the inconvenience. If you could please kindly contact us directly via email, that will help us considerably in investigating and resolving your concern. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience and want to make things right with you. Sincerely, Candice Customer Support Team
It's a nice product.
It's a mahjong set that works. The tiles look nice, and feel sturdy.
First ever Mahjong set, arrived safely and as expected. The case is great for portability. The tiles are relatively small, so it's an easy fit for most square tables. Not sure if I would use the point sticks at the moment, but would be useful for when I get friends together and everyone learns. Dice are tiny and I prefer using other d6 dice, but good for determining order and fits with the rest of the pack. East/South marker is good for keeping track of winds. Probably recommend a wheel or something to supplement the set if you want a more orderly tabletop. If you have large hands, probably advise trying a different set, but it's fine for most people. The colors are more black than green, the reds are pronounced with dora tiles, and the character tiles and non-green bamboo/dot segments are like a maroon.