Beechwood Veneer 0.4-Inch Etched Beginner's Reversible 9x9/13x13 Go Game Set Board with Single Convex Melamine Stones
The perfect set to learn or teach go. The 9x9 grid is ideal for fast and instructive games and the 13x13 side for deeper fundamentals and quick games. Less intimidating than larger boards, this set makes go instantly fun for those new to the game.
- Reversible Go Board (Goban): This board comes with 9x9 and 13x13 playing fields etched into the wood; The 9x9 grid is ideal for beginners while the 13x13 is helpful for learning fundamentals and for quick games
- Beechwood Veneer Board: The board measures 13 x 13 x 0.4 inchÔºà35 x 33 x 0.9 centimeters) and is made from beechwood veneer; Grid size: 23 x 24mm (9x9 side) and 22 x 23mm (13x13 side)
- Single Convex Stones: Includes 181 black and 180 white size 3 melamine stones each measuring 5.7 x 22 millimeters (about 0.22 x 0.86 inch); These single-convex stones produce a louder 'snap' from the flat side when played on the board and can be flipped over for playing out variations when reviewing a game; Includes two plastic bowls for storage
- The Way to Go: Included is Karl Baker's beginner classic booklet explaining the essential rules and strategies of Go
I am completely new to go and this is great for learning and playing quick games with other beginners. Great quality, the board is very nice and the stones make a great clack on the board.
Arrived quickly. Nicely made. Sturdy plastic cups for the stones. The board has a starter side and a more advanced side. The stones were easy to handle and the starter side perfect for playing my 8-year-old granddaughter, who beat me the first two games and would not have had the patience for a larger board.
the board and stones are great; small and light enough to carry around but substantial enough to feel high quality. The board came with a few minor visual imperfections but nothing terrible, and one of the white stones is smaller than the rest. Despite those flaws I've had a great time playing Go with this board and don't regret the purchase! Having the 9x9 and 13x13 on the same board is great for quick games or teaching new players as well
Delivery was much quicker than expected. Both the board and the stones at every good quality, especially for the price. Very happy with my purchase.
Bought this set to see if I could interest a couple of my friends in go, and I'm very happy with it.
- The board is quite decent, the etched grids are great. Having both 9x9 and 13x13 is lovely.
- The stones are really lovely: they have a nice weight, and the bowls are cheap but sturdy.
- Board is big enough for all the beginner tsumego problems I've found!
Highly recommend to anyone interested in trying the game. For the price it's a great deal.