Beechwood Veneer 0.4"-Thick Reversible (13x13/9x9) Go Board with Single Convex Melamine Stones
Brand: Yellow Mountain Imports
The perfect board to teach go. The 9x9 grid is popular for fast and instructive games with a 13x13 for quick games. The size is less intimidating than larger boards and makes Go instantly fun for those just introduced to the game.
This board is paired with a set of single convex melamine stones. Melamine is an exceptionally durable compound commonly used when strength is essential, such as kitchen counters and industrial applications. These are excellent stones to use in an environment where the stones will be put to constant use. Like Yunzi stones, they have a satisfying heft and snap to them. Also included is a booklet on how to play Go, "The Way to Go", by Karl Baker.
- The Go board (goban) of this set features reversible playing fields, 13x13 and 9x9, for quick, frequent, stimulating games to help you consistently improve. The grid size is Japanese standard size (21.5mm x 23mm grids); the board measures 9.8" x 9.4" x 0.4" (25 x 24 x 1 centimeters).
- The 0.4"-thick goban features beechwood veneer and etched grids.
- 181 black and 180 white melamine stones. Each single convex stone is 21.5-22mm (Size 3) and is 5.6mm tall and 22mm wide (approximately 0.22" x 0.87").
- 2 plastic bowls (gosu) are included.
- A booklet on how to play Go, "The Way to Go" by Karl Baker, is also included.