Beechwood Veneer 0.4-Inch Etched Beginner's Reversible 9x9/13x13 Go Game Set Board with Single Convex Melamine Stones
The perfect set to learn or teach go. The 9x9 grid is ideal for fast and instructive games and the 13x13 side for deeper fundamentals and quick games. Less intimidating than larger boards, this set makes go instantly fun for those new to the game.
- REVERSIBLE GO BOARD (GOBAN): This board comes with 9x9 and 13x13 playing fields etched into the wood; The 9x9 grid is ideal for beginners while the 13x13 is helpful for learning fundamentals and for quick games
- BEECHWOOD VENEER BOARD: The board measures 13 x 13 x 0.4 inchÔºà35 x 33 x 0.9 centimeters) and is made from beechwood veneer; Grid size: 23 x 24mm (9x9 side) and 22 x 23mm (13x13 side)
- SINGLE CONVEX STONES: Includes 181 black and 180 white size 3 melamine stones each measuring 5.7 x 22 millimeters (about 0.22 x 0.86 inch); These single-convex stones produce a louder 'snap' from the flat side when played on the board and can be flipped over for playing out variations when reviewing a game; Includes two plastic bowls for storage
- ENTIRE SET WEIGHS 4.18lbs (1.9kg)
- THE WAY TO GO: Included is Karl Baker's beginner classic booklet explaining the essential rules and strategies of Go
Roommate and I were looking to learn to play go, and this is what I landed on. For an inexpensive price, this is perfect for us to learn on. The stones are very satisfying to snap down onto the board. If I ever want to get someone else into the game, this is what I'll get them.
So friggin pleased!
yeah! the “beginners” 9x9-13x13 Beechwood goban/set is Awesome!
Lightweight and portable and the etched grid makes for a great play/feel.
Planning on ordering another or two for my budding Go club :-)
Very pleased with my first GO board. Having both 9x9 and 13x13 grids on one board is convenient, and the price was right.
Great product, wonderful service.
It's a nice board with adequate stones. A very good value. Perfect for a beginner.