Yunzi Double Convex Go Game Stones Set, 11.6 Millimeters (Size 41)
Yunzi stones have been made for almost a thousand years in the same area of Yunnan province in southern China. The secret recipe for making them is closely guarded, and nobody outside of Yunnan knows with complete certainty what they're made of. Although rumor has it that the ingredients include Yunnan mountain stone mixed with agate. To make sure that stones are genuine, hold them up to the light to see a greenish halo form around the edge. This is a unique characteristic of Yunzi stones. This particular Yunzi stone set has more thickness than most other Yunzi stone sets. The added thickness gives the stones of this set more heft and fullness.
- This Yunzi Go stone set includes 181 black and 180 white 11.6mm (size 41) double convex stones. Each stone measures 11.6mm in thickness (approximately 0.5"). This is the largest size Go stones that we have in our catalog. The edges are rounder and fuller than smaller Go stones to accommodate the extra thickness. Even with the added thickness, the width is still a standard 21.5mm wide, so these stones will occupy essentially the same space on a Go board as the thinner stones.
- These stones have a balance and a deeply rich color that are instantly noticeable. The stones will actually look better over time as they absorb moisture and natural oils from the fingertips.
- These stones are double convex meaning both sides are fully rounded. If you haven't played with Yunzi stones before, you'll discover that playing with them is a completely different experience than playing with glass or plastic stones. Playing with Yunzi stones clearly enhances the experience of playing Go
- The texture, symmetry, and precision of these stones are superior. They leave an audible ''snap'' as you place them on the board. These stones are coated with a gloss finish.
- Yunzi stones are the official stones of all professional Chinese Weiqi (Go) tournaments
I had a shipping issue, but Yellow Mountain Imports went to great lengths to fix it, and did it without a fuss. You can feel safe with your purchase.
If you like really thick and heavy Go Stones these stones are the ones for you. Jeez Louise I nearly threw out my back the first time that I lifted one of them.