Bamboo 0.8-Inch Reversible 19x19 / 13x13 Go Game Set Board with Double Convex Korean Hardened Glass Paduk Go Stones and Jujube Bowls - Classic Strategy Board Game (Baduk/Weiqi)
Build and conquer territories in a game of Go with this reversible bamboo Go board set, double convex size 33 korean go stones, and wooden bowls.
- Reversible Go Board (Goban): This board comes with 19x19 and 13x13 playing fields; The 19x19 side is for standard gameplay, while the 13x13 is great for learning rules and fundamentals and for quick games
- Bamboo Board: Made of solid strips of durable bamboo, pressed together one layer at a time; Wood grain may vary slightly from photos; A protective felt sleeve is included with the board; The board measures 18.6 x 17.4 x 0.8 inch (47.3 x 44.2 x 2 centimeters) with Chinese standard size grids of 22 x 23.5 millimeters
- Solid Double Convex Size 33 Korean Hardened Glass "Jangstone": These glass stones create a nice knocking sound when played on the board; This set comes with 181 black stones (9.5 x 22 millimeters) and 180 white stones (9.3 x 22 millimeters)
- Set of 2 Wild Jujube Bowls: Jujube or Chinese date wood is a hard and sturdy species; Each deep, natural grained bowl measures 5.9 x 4.3 inches (15 x 10.8 centimeters); The set comes with securing bowl straps and a vinyl carrying go bowl case
- The Way to Go: Included is Karl Baker's beginner classic booklet explaining the essential rules and strategies of Go
I have been playing Go for 2 years and I feel great about finally purchasing a full set. I am already playing more in-person games than ever before. I found YMI shipping to be timely, even during a global pandemic. I am very pleased with the board and stones that I bought. These have served my needs for 13x13 and 19x19 games. The one addition to the set that I've created for myself has been a matboard rubric to isolate a 9x9 area. Perhaps you could include something similar with each larger game board? I find this helpful, essential really, when teaching others how to play. It is truly important to learn on a smaller board first.
These products are beautiful! Nothing more needs to be said.