Shin Kaya 2" Go Board w/ Double Convex Yunzi Stones and Bowls Set
In color, weight, and overall appearance it, Shin Kaya is similar in appearance to genuine Kaya. This board is a beautiful alternative without carrying the full cost of a Kaya. This board is made with several pieces of wood joined together, preventing warping and ensuring that the visible surfaces show the best face of the wood. Pieces are expertly selected and joined together to appear almost seamless. The lines are individually hand drawn.
Most shin-kaya (Japanese for "alternative kaya") boards from Japan or Korea are made of spruce wood from Alaska or Siberia. Our shin-kaya Go boards are made of Tibet spruce wood from Yunnan Province in southern China. This type of wood is called picea asperata in Latin and is sometimes called "dragon spruce" or "Tibet Spruce".
This board is paired with a set of Yunzi professional Go stones, China's finest. If you haven't played with these stones before you'll find it to be a completely different experience than playing with glass or plastic stones. Yunzi stones are beautiful t
- One 2" (50mm) thick shin kaya table board (goban). This board is made of 2-4 solid pieces of wood joined together to prevent warping over time. Please note, because of the nature of wood, the grain will be similar but not identical to the pictures.
- Board is Japanese standard size (21.5mm x 23mm grids) and measures 18.1" x 16.9" x 2" (460mm x 430mm x 50mm). Playing field is 19x19.
- 181 black and 180 white genuine Yunzi stones. 9.2mm (Size 33) double convex stones measure 9.2mm tall and 21.5mm wide (approximately 0.36" x 0.85").
- Yunzi stones are the official stones of all professional Chinese Weiqi (Go) tournaments
- Two jujube bowls (gosu) that measure 5.9" x 3.9" (150mm x 100mm). Bowls fit stones up to 9.2mm (Size 33). Includes vinyl stones and bowls carrier and securing bowl straps.