Japanese Riichi Mahjong Set - Black Standard Size Tiles and Vinyl Case - with East Wind Tile, Set of Betting Sticks, & Dice
Play the exciting variation of Japanese mahjong with elegant jet black mahjong tiles engraved with vibrant colors. This Riichi set comes with everything you need to play.
- Japanese Mahjong Set: The most commonly played variant in Japan and Europe and the chosen Mahjong version of the European Mahjong Association; Plays with "Riichi" scoring rules and "Dora" tiles which throws an extra element of luck and uncertainty into the mix for a thrilling game!
- 144 Standard Size Tiles: Each jet black, scratch-resistant melamine tile measures 1 x 0.8 x 0.6 inch (2.6 x 2.0 x 1.6 centimeters); The tiles are marked with colorful engraving to prevent rubbing off due to repeated play; Includes 36 circles, 36 bamboos, 36 characters, 12 dragons (red, green and white), 16 winds (north, south, east, west), 4 flowers, and 4 red fives
- All-Inclusive Riichi Set: This portable set includes four trays for tile storage, four dice, a set of betting sticks, and an east wind tessera (for determining seating placement); The compact black vinyl case measures 11.2 x 7.3 x 2 inches (28.5 x 18.5 x 5 centimeters)
- Entire set weighs 5.5 lbs(2.5kg)
- Please note that these tiles are smaller than large size Japanese Mahjong tiles
Riichi Mahjong Set
Great. The tiles look cool and are fun to use.
A fun experience for someone who wanted to try something new.
As someone who has played a plethora of board games, I've always been open to trying different kinds from around the world. Mahjong being one of them I wanted a set that was both nice to look at and also affordable. Luckily I cab describe this set as that as the price for them was perfect and the tiles themselves are amazing in person with the simple elegance that comes from the tiles being all black. The way it all fits in its small and compact case makes this a perfect first buy for someone who wanted to try out Riichi Mahjong in person with friends.
It’s a good product and made with good quality but
The product is great and is exactly as describes but the paint at some points isn’t the neatest.
Very good mahjong set, definitely worth price!
The design is really good, and the touch is also superb. However, if you're used to playing Chinese mahjong tile, you may find the tile is a bit small. But that just standard Riichi mahjong size, so nothing to complain about this particular YMI set. Actually I'm considering buying the large size Riichi set on YMI again.
Everything looks great. The set is gorgeous.