Outlaws of the Marsh Chinese Mahjong Set, "Bone and Bamboo Tiles" in Rosewood Case (The Water Margin) - Set Of Betting Sticks, Dice, & Four Wind Tiles
Brand: Yellow Mountain Imports
"Outlaws of the Marsh" (also known by its literal translation as "The Water Margin") is one of the great classic novels of China. It's the story of the bandit Song Jiang and his 36 companions and is filled with intrigue, deception, and bluff - the perfect subtext for a mahjong game.
The bone and bamboo tiles included with this set are individually hand carved with intricate figures of Song Jiang and his cohorts. The case is made from Chinese rosewood and features a design of birds and flowers from inlaid mother of pearl. All items in this set are newly crafted.
Because of the time it takes to craft these tile sets we only have a limited number available. Please note that this is a hand made mahjong set made with natural materials using traditional methods.
- Contains 36 Circles, 36 Bamboos, 36 Characters, 12 Dragons, 16 Winds (N, S, E, W), 8 Flowers and 4 blank tiles
- Includes three dice, a set of betting sticks, and four wind tiles for determining seating placement
- The case measures 9-4/5"L x 8-3/4"W x 3-3/4"H (25cm x 22cm x 9.5cm)
- Tiles measure 1 x 1.4 x 0.6 inches (25mm x 35mm x 16mm). Tiles are inscribed with Chinese characters only
- PLEASE NOTE: This is a traditional Chinese mahjong set designed for Chinese mahjong rules. It does not contain joker tiles or racks. Therefore, this set is not for American mahjong style gameplay.